Friday, January 9, 2009

Just Checking In

Not much to blog about here. Arkansas weather sucked earlier this week. Rain, freezing rain and all that fun stuff.

My doctor's office called me on Tuesday and said the doctor had reviewed the xrays of my kidney stone. He wanted me to consider doing what they call an IVP. It's a special xray where they give you an IV with dye in it that runs through you. They think the stone is just sitting there and it may pass anyway, or it might not. They just want to do this to look again. Then they might want to do something where they run a scope in there and grab it. Well, I thought they kind did that when I had the Lithotripsy! Guess not, guess they just used the camera. But, they said I didn't have to do this. I could keep trying to pass it. And maybe some of it has. So of course, I told them I would give it a couple weeks and see what happens. Drinking water like crazy all the time now so we shall see. It's just annoying that they seem to half way guess at all of this.

I have got some very short runs in this week. I said to heck with it, I was going to do a little and see if it aggravated anything. Ran 1 mile on the treadmill Monday night. Did 2 miles and a .3 walk on Wednesday night and 2.5 miles and .5 walk on Thursday night. So far no stone movement problems. And the best part, the PF in my foot is not showing its ugly face right now. So maybe I'll just have to run the 3 miles or less till I get this stone problem resolved. Limits my run training to 5ks pretty much. Only big event I will be training for anyway will be Nashville which right now I'm pretty certain I will just do the half. I'll see what the weekend brings.

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Best of luck.

You sound like me... reduced to 5K distances! (but for obviously different reasons)

ShirleyPerly said...

Ack, sorry to hear you're still dealing with the stone. But if going short helps your PF fully heal up, that sounds like a good thing to me. Hope you are able to get outside for a ride soon!