Friday, September 26, 2008

100 Miler Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the Big Dam Bridge 100. This is the premiere century ride in Arkansas and there is an expected 2000 cyclists to be on hand. My only goal right now is to beat last years time and set a new Century PR. We shall see. Weather is suppose to be perfect almost. Right at 60 degrees at the 7:30am start but it's going to get up to around 87 degrees by finish time. About the same as last year so at least I know what to expect.

The course has been reversed on the north loop this year and it actually makes the hills a little easier I think. The big hills will be around 40 miles into the ride. Then we will have a few more around 60 I think. My main goal is to be consistent and not crash and burn the last 25 miles like I have done in every other century so far.

My training has been off the last two weeks but Sundays 54 miler was good and it was on the hilly portion of the route. I just hope the group I am riding with will be more conservative than in past centuries. We shall see.

I did weigh in this morning the lightest I have been @ 166lbs. How I have no idea. I have only biked about 13 miles since Monday and have eaten bad at lunch at least three days. Makes no sense to me but the lighter the more power I will have on the hills. I do need to carb load today so I'm sure I will gain it all back before the day is over.

Here is a photo of the jersey I will be wearing. I just got it in yesterday. I earned this one by fund raising efforts for the Tour de Rock ride back in June. I'm pretty excited to have a jersey that only a select few can wear.




I will post a full race report after I recover hopefully Sunday!

3 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Good luck on your ride tomorrow! It's been a while since I've done a century. Look forward to hearing how yours goes. I'll be getting a road bike early next year and interested in doing more long rides.

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! I'm certain you'll PR, the weather will be perfect, at least it's not July and 87, you'll have low humidity. Can't wait to read your race report.

Jersey is way cool!

Susan said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I can't wait to hear ALL about it.

Say hello to Gabrielle for me if you see her!