Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Upcoming Events

Wednesday
I get to go see the foot doctor. This should be interesting. Maybe I can find out whats wrong with mine and I hope its not PF. I still think its just the bursa around my heel that gets aggravated but we shall see. It has been feeling better but I haven't really ran any to speak of either. I want to get back to running and it's just about time to start up my fall marathon training.

Saturday 12th
Ms. Vic's 100 miler. This will be a 100 mile bike ride starting at Willow Beach Park and going out past England and back. It's pretty much a flat as a pancake course so times should be good unless there is wind. The wind is my enemy here. I may try to hang with Gary and Curtis but I know they will drop me at some point. They plan to hammer the whole route and never stop or get off the bike. How do you do that for 100 miles?? The ride is not supported so stores along the way will be our only refueling spot unless you bring enough with you to get by on. I don't think I can carry enough fluid for a hot summer 100 miler.

Saturday July 26th
Dam Night Run 5k - this is held at Lake Degray and starts at 8pm and ends with a big party at the lake. This is always a fun event with all the clubs bringing food and having fun. I'll be doing this one even if I have to walk it!

Saturday August 16th
Lake Degray 1/2 Ironman - That's right, I am doing a 1/2 Ironman but actually only 1/3 of a 1/2. I will be doing the bike portion of the race with James (Iron James) doing the swim and his wife Michele doing the run. We will be a triathlon team. James will be wearing two chips as he is doing the whole race as an individual too. A 56 mile bike race may not sound like much but this is the hardest 1/2 Ironman course in the south! The hills that I will be racing on are monsters but I have been training hard, and riding with faster riders is paying off. I will be back there to ride the course at least once before the race. I am looking forward to participating in my first Ironman event even if it is just as a team. I am not a swimmer yet so there are no future plans for a full event. The team should be a lot of fun especially with Michele and James. Annette will be there to cheer us on.

More events may get mixed in between now and then but these are the major happenings for now.

1 comment:

Susan said...

100 miles - holy cow!!!