Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tuesday Night Hills

Tuesday night was our running clinic and our workout called for hill repeats. These are always good workouts as Magness Creek has some pretty good hills on the south side. Coach Dennis had me doing sort of an in between workout. He didn't want me doing the full hill like the advanced group but I was pretty much doing the intermediate plus. I started with a 1.5 mile warm up run and then it was to Overlook Drive. My workout called for 8-10 repeats but I actually did 11. I probably could have done more but I needed to be conservative with the healed up leg. It was a very cool night with temps hovering just above freezing and there was a slight mist in the air. This is a hard workout but is well worth it. I ended up with a total of 4 miles for the night. Luckily today my legs were really not that sore. My left foot had the nagging pain that I always have in the outside part of my heel so I took tonight as a rest night. Here are my splits from Tuesday night:

Total miles - 4.01
Time - 45:08
Avg. Pace - 11:16
1- 10:18
2- 11:44
3- 11:42
4- 11:18

Thursday night we are going to the movies to see Spirit of the Marathon. We are meeting several of the Cruisers for dinner before hand. That will be one movie theater packed with nothing but runners I bet.

No comments: