Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Speed

Wish I had more of it. Maybe I'll get some of it one of these days.

Our 1 mile timed mile was canceled last night due to a couple factors. 1) There was a soccer game going on at the High School so we couldn't use the track and most of all 2) The wind was blowing about 30 MPH. With the high winds and cold temps Coach Dennis decided that it would be best not to even attempt our timed mile even though we did have an alternate route behind the community center. Instead we did a warm up and some fartleks for speed work. I really felt I cut my workout short but thats ok, I am suppose to be tapering for the 1/2 Sunday anyway. I still ended up with 2.34 miles with an average pace of 9:33, but that included the fartleks, which are basically timed intervals.


This is what excess speed can do. Other contributing factors could have been a distraction, cell phone, who knows. I was command at this wreck Sunday afternoon. Luckily only minor injuries. Could have been much worse. This person was very lucky today. Cars and telephone poles can be replaced.







Be safe out there people. Pay attention and wear your seat belt. And of course, don't speed unless your running.

No comments: