Friday, September 14, 2007

First post

Well this is my first post on here. I probably should have started this a long time ago but now is as good a time as any. I don't know much about blogging but I do like to write so I will learn as I go.

So whats this blog about? I intend to write about my running, biking and firefighting adventures. I just started running in August '06 and have been a firefighter for 14 years. Currently I am a Captain at Station 3. Work revolves around managing operations for 4 automotive collision repair shops in which I am a part owner.

Running and biking has become a passion of my wife Annette and myself. Annette also started running in August so we are kinda doing this thing together. On October 7th, Annette will be running the Chicago Marathon. Thats 26.2 miles!! We have both done quite a few local races, the Little Rock 1/2 Marathon back in March being the longest so far. I have decided to do the Tulsa Route 66 Marathon on November 18th so a lot of this blog will be about my training and completion of that event. I hope I can do it!
One other major event to add, I have signed up for the Big Dam Bridge 100 mile bike ride on September 29th. This is the biking equivalent of a marathon.

Guess thats it for now....got to start figuring out this blogging and add some more stuff!

No comments: