Monday, December 31, 2007

Final Stats of 2007

Since tomorrow starts a new year I wanted to go ahead and post my stats for 2007 and get them behind me so I can start fresh for 2008. 2007 was a great year for me, nothing super fast but considering this was my 1st full year of running I think it was ok. Up until my injury, I was slowly increasing my speed. I ran my first 5K ever September 30th, 2006 and had a time of 37:43. On September 15th, 2007, I set my 6th 5K PR for the year with a 27:38 time. Thats a little over 10 minutes in a years time. That along with running and completing my first full marathon were the running highlights of my year.

On the biking side I really didn't start till May this year when I bought my road bike. The highlight was completing my first Century ride, The Big Dam Bridge 100 on September 30th.

I really wanted to hit the 1000 mile mark running but with pretty much no running since November 18th, there was no chance. Here are my final stats for the year:

Total Run Miles - 789.5
Total Bike Miles - 836.5
Races:
10 - 5k's (6 new PR's set)
1 - 2 miler
1- 4 miler
3- 10k's
1- Half Marathon
1- Full Marathon
1- Duathlon
19 Total Races
+
1- Half Century Ride (50 miler)
1- Full Century Ride (100 miler)

As for 2008, first and foremost I want to get back to running uninjured. I still have hopes of a spring full marathon (Nashville) and a fall marathon. I would like to get my 5K time down below 25 minutes. I am planning on doing at least two Century rides and at least two Duathlons. I have other specific time goals but I won't go in to that much detail. Of course PR's at every race and distance!

Happy New Year to all and I hope all your running dreams come true in 2008.

No comments: