Saturday, December 1, 2007

Saturdays best intentions

I started Saturday with a plan to go get in some bike miles around noon once it had warmed up a little. About 11:30am I get a call from the alarm company saying that we had an alarm going off at our West Little Rock shop. 99% of the time these are either malfunctions or false alarms so the lady told me she would dispatch the police to check it out anyway just in case. About 15 minutes later the phone rings again. I was in my office and the phone was in the kitchen so I knew it was the alarm company so I almost sprinted to get the phone. Bad move. I could feel it in my right leg. I didn't hurt it, but it just told me that I'm not ready to run yet.

So I get the phone and the lady tells me that evidently someone failed to lock the door properly and that the police wanted me there to check the building. So, I had to drive 35-40 minutes to West Little Rock to meet the police. Luckily no one had been in the building and nothing was missing. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper.

To make matters worse, people were just driving crazy. I almost had three people run into me and I was driving the big red 4x4 truck. What the heck was people thinking when they can't see me and try to cut in my lane?? By the time I got some lunch and got back home, loading the bike and heading back over to the River Trail was the last thing I wanted to do. I did manage to clean the leaves out of the pool a little then I aired the tires up on my comfort bike and rode it around the block just to see what it felt like. Well, it wouldn't be a good day for biking anyway, the wind was blowing about 20 miles an hour it felt like so I called it quits. The exercise bike upstairs is starting to look better and better. (yuck)

I am so ready to start running again but who knows when that will be. I was hoping I might get a short run in next week but thats looking doubtful. The Grand Prix season kicks off on January 27th so that will be my training goal for now so I still have some time.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry about your lousy Saturday! Sounds better than mine, though. Oh my!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Arland it was windy here too and rainy, so my weekend was basically shot. I'm hoping I can get some running in tomorrow afternoon, maybe 2 or 3 miles...I hope...good luck with your leg.