Saturday, October 27, 2007

A few more miles

I got 7 miles in this morning with the Cruisers. After the initial start it was just three of us and I had the pleasure of running the whole 7 with Robert, Kelly's husband. It was funny because Annette was running with Kelly today in Benton so it worked out really well. Joan also ran with us most of the way. It worked out really good running with these two as I didn't want to run really fast, just a slow and steady. Joan, who I think is in her 60's is doing the New York Marathon next weekend so we got to talk a lot about that. She is a real mentor to all the runners around here. She qualified and ran Boston last year and i'd be scared to say how many Marathons she has ran. Robert had just started getting back into running so the miles clicked away pretty good. It always helps to have people to pass the time with. The weather was 38 degrees when we started but it really didn't feel that cold. Again, I felt like I was running slower than I should be but I really wasn't. I guess all these long runs have really gave me endurance because we didn't take a walk break until just past mile 3. Just long enough to get a drink and we were off again. The next break was at about mile 5.5 or 6 I think. Lots of hills on our route today. Joan left us at about mile 5 as she was adding on and doing 12 or 13 today. I ended up with 7 miles total with an average pace of 10:28. I'm a little worried now as the last hill I thought I felt my IT band tightening up. I really don't want to deal with that again. Sunday's 20 miler will tell the tale. I'm excited to be doing my last 20 before the marathon and then I'm worried that something is going to go wrong. I have been so lucky so far in that all of my long runs have been good. No wall, no injuries. The weather is going to be nice again so hopefully my next post will be about celebrating my last 20 miler!

No comments: