Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New York City Marathon

Ok folks, the New York Marathon is this weekend. This IS one of the biggest marathons out there. I am lucky to have two running friends running this. Jackie and Joan. They are rock stars in my eyes. These two have done so much for the running community in my area and continue to inspire others. Jackie was featured last month in Runners World Magazine for her volunteer work in promoting running to the local elementary schools. Joan has been running marathons for 20 years I think and is an inspiration to all. When she gives marathoning advice, people listen. They will do great in New York and I can't wait to hear their stories as I am sure there will be many. I feel so lucky to have gotten to run many times with both of these athletes. All I can say is "They Rock!"

No comments: