Monday, October 15, 2007

The perfect run

Have you ever had what seemed like the perfect run? Where everything just seemed to feel right? Well, tonight was one of those for me. I wanted to do a recovery run after yesterday's 21 miles so when I got home I was ready. It had been raining all day and it had just stopped. I really wanted to try out my new shoes too and I really felt good all day, not too sore maybe just a little tired but not bad. I changed and headed out. The air was crisp from the recent rain. The roads were still wet all the way. There was a nice breeze blowing and I had brought my IPOD for a change just in case. I turned it on some of my better running songs. As I went to the next neighborhood, something clicked. I was running, feeling the breeze, the good music, seeing the colors in the western sky and I wasn't even struggling. It felt really good! At that moment I could have run forever. I guess maybe this is the runners high. I had to make myself run slower and I had to make myself walk 30 seconds at 1.5 miles just because I didn't want to injure anything. I would have never though that after yesterdays long run that I would feel that way, if nothing else, one would think I wouldn't want to run for a while. That's not the case. I think maybe today I really became a runner!

No comments: