Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rain rain go away

It's been another rainy day, and hopefully it will go east and give some needed rainfall to drought stricken Tennessee and Georgia. I'm sure there are others that need it too. The only good thing about the treadmill is it doesn't take much getting ready to use it. No garmins to turn on, no flashing lights, just running shorts and shoes and your good to go. (if your a man anyway)

So Wednesday I got two runs in. 2.2 miles on Wed morning on the treadmill then Wednesday night I got to run outside. The weather was cool and crisp which made it feel like I was running with no effort at all. I ended up with a little over 2.5 miles but I forgot to start my garmin and didn't start it till about .6 into the run. I ran mile 2 at a 9:01 pace! Thats fast for me, almost 5k race pace but it didn't feel like it. I never even wanted to walk the whole time. About a 9:53 overall pace for the run. Tonight I had to hit the treadmill again and slugged out 3 miles. Luckily the rain is going to be gone this weekend so Saturday and Sunday should be very nice fall days. I'll probably run about 6-7 miles Saturday with the group and then Sunday is my last 20 miler!!

No comments: