Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Humidity

Humidity sucks for running. Got out at 5:30am this morning for a nice little run. 62 degrees and 98% humidity felt more like 85 degrees in the sun. You would think 62 degrees would feel cool but its not when the humidity is that high. Annette and I ended up with about 4.2 miles and an average pace of 10:36. Pace was about the same as our normal "easy" runs but the effort was more. I could tell based on my heart rate. Usually at that pace i'm cruising around 160 give or take 4, today it was more like 169 + or - 4. Almost a lactate threshold run all the way. Needless to say, it was not the most enjoyable run, but it was ok. Got a few miles in anyway. My legs are still a little tight from Sundays long run but the foot is feeling pretty good. I think the new Saucony's helped.

No comments: